This episode's topic seems to be of a particular relevance right now at a time, when interpreters around the world are diversifying more than ever. Elena Davitti joins the Troublesome Terps and details her research on interlingual respeaking, how there is now the option to shape a whole new language serivice and why and how interpreters and language professionals at large can get started in this new field.
- Real-time interlingual speech-to-text via speech recognition
- University of Surrey’s ‘SMART’ study awarded £426k to make multilingual content accessible to all
- Interlingual respeaking - An experimental study comparing the performance of different subject groups
- (Abstract) Cognitive load in intralingual and interlingual respeaking – a preliminary study
- Respeaking as a part of translation and interpreting curriculum
- Troublesome Terps 2020 Survey