Getting Wordly with Lakshman Rathnam
22 July 2020
1 hr 13 mins 43 secs
About this Episode
In our 51st episode, which harkens back to our very first episode ever, "Dictionaries on Legs", the Troublesome Terps are meeting Lakshman Rathnam, CEO of wordly to talk to him about all things "machine interpreting". From speech-to-text and back again, to robots taking over the interpreting space (or not?), come and join us on this interesting discussion - and witness the man who wrote the book on Machine Interpreting go "toe to toe" with Silicon Valley.
- Troublesome Terps Episode 1 - Dictionaries on Legs
- Interpreters vs Machines Can Interpreters Survive in an AI-Dominated World?
- In-person, remote and machine interpreting: A challenge
- What Buyers need to know about speech translation devices
- What Interpreters need to know about Machine Interpreting
- No, Mr Robot, you can't have my job (but you can help me)