Many interpreters and translators are members of one or more professional associations. But why? What do professional associations actually do for the interpreting community and why should interpreters care?
To discuss these and many more interesting points, the Troublesome Terps are joined by Corrine McKay, President of the American Translators Association and Sarah Griffin-Mason, Chair of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
They both provide fascinating insights into the projects professional bodies take on, the work that goes into it, why we should care and why it matters. Don't miss out on the this interesting topic and feel free to join the discussion!
- ITI - Institute of Translation and Interpreting
- ATA - American Translators Association
- Thoughts on Translation Blog
- How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator (Paperback)
- The Routledge Handbook of Translation and Politics
- Speaking of Translation Podcast
- ATA Podcast
- A not-so-serious guide to Tablet Interpreting by Lourdes De Rioja and Alexander Drechsel