Exchanging thoughts with Corinne McKay and Eve Bodeux
20 February 2019
1 hr 19 mins 22 secs
About this Episode
Interpreting and translation are two sides to the same coin - or so they say. Joining us on this exciting crossover episode, are the two hosts of the "Speaking of Translation" podcast Corinne McKay and Eve Lindemuth Bodeux to talk about just that!
What are total interpreting and translation stereotypes and - gasp - might there be a grain of truth? How do translators stay focused on a 200 page document? How do interpreters deal with double bookings? What are the boons and banes of working from or into your second language?
Join us for this banter-filled episode with tons of insights into "the other side" (whichever one that may be for you!) and find out about these - and many more - controversial topics!
- American Translators Association
- Article: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire: How a die-hard translator became a passionate interpreter - NAJIT — Great story by Bethany Korp Edwards
- Blog: Thoughts on Translation
- Podcast: ATA Podcast with Corinne McKay
- Podcast: Speaking of Translation