While the Troublesome Terps have covered gender in interpreting before already (see here or here), it is a topic that will never not be relevant. For this reason, Sarah Hickey - conference interpreter and professional researcher at Nimdzi Insights - is joining us this episode to discuss the ‘feminisation’ of conference interpreting from female interpreters' perspectives.
An interesting, well researched and entertaining look into the gender dynamics of the profession!
- Twitter conversation: Why is interpreting a (mostly) female profession?
- AIIC Article - Why so few men? : Gender imbalance in conference interpreting
- Website - Nimdzi Insights
- Interpreting - Nimdzi
- Orchid and the Wasp by Caoilinn Hughes - the novel Sarah co-translated
- Jonathan‘s post about the black hole of misogyny
- Conference Report: GALA 2019 Munich - Nimdzi